Monday, March 5, 2007

Here is No Why?

So I have to wear the boot a few more days. Big deal. At least I can hobble around pretty well by now, even with the stupid thing velcro-ed on. I even got to the gym the last couple of days, and I got to drive this really cool machine - it's apparently called a "sci fit pro" machine. Needless to say, I got a really great workout on that - burned like 700 calories in 45 minutes. More importantly, I got the injured leg back in action for its second bike-style trip, and it felt really good the whole time. That's what this is all about, after all, getting the leg back in working order. That and the heart and lungs.

Here's a rule - don't try to get in shape alone, find someone to partner up with you so you can totally help each other stick to the program. There, just came up with that myself.

You'd think a guy like me, grad student in rehab, would totally be able to get a ton of time in at the gym. Problem is, I'm also supposed to be writing the dissertation, which means that every moment I spend in the gym is secretly wasted time. Fortunately, when I do work, I am quite productive. I'd prove it, but who has the time to read all of that? Heck, who has the time to read all of this?

2 comments:

  1. I'll be your work out buddy! :) I promise I'll stay longer than 40 mins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe my chiropractor worsened my stress fracture. I have a tibial stress fracture...causing pain I thought was my knee. The chiropractor said my leg was out of alignment, pulled my leg and whacked the sides of my knee to put things back. I told him this was hurting...but he didn't stop. The pain got worse, and I had an MRI from the sports doctor and found a severe stress fracture. No more chiropractor for me.

    metatarsal stress fracture
    Berbagi informasi seputar perawatan bayi sehat
    Dapatkan pilihan atau model dekorasi rumah Anda di Sini
    Anda bisa dapatkan model model tato disini
    dapatkan berbagai macam model tato di sini

    ReplyDelete