Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Bones to not break

Well, here we are almost four weeks after surgery, and it was time today to visit the surgeon. He says the x-rays look really good (my heart skips with optimism) and I should wear the boot for two more weeks (deep, bitter disappointment). After two more weeks in the boot with no pain, time for the running shoes (slight glimmer of ok-ness) and walking on a treadmill according to a p.t. program (I'm leaning toward doing this stuff on my own). Oh, and he says I can do p.t. if I want. So I scheduled a visit, maybe it costs me $40 or so, but it's worth it if I can get some safe exercises and that sort of thing to do on my own. I'm not made of money, after all. I am also allowed to ride a stationary bike (in real live running shoes!) as of today, so maybe we're off to the gym this afternoon after all.

Meanwhile, I issue a stern warning: don't break your metatarsals, but if you really insist on doing so, make sure you break them violently, so they have a better chance of healing. These stress fractures are totally bogus!

1 comment:

  1. I believe my chiropractor worsened my stress fracture. I have a tibial stress fracture...causing pain I thought was my knee. The chiropractor said my leg was out of alignment, pulled my leg and whacked the sides of my knee to put things back. I told him this was hurting...but he didn't stop. The pain got worse, and I had an MRI from the sports doctor and found a severe stress fracture. No more chiropractor for me.

    metatarsal stress fracture
    Berbagi informasi seputar perawatan bayi sehat
    Dapatkan pilihan atau model dekorasi rumah Anda di Sini
    Anda bisa dapatkan model model tato disini
    dapatkan berbagai macam model tato di sini

    ReplyDelete