Monday, February 26, 2007

Things to do when not working

Archæology is fun and everything, but we recognize that there is more to life than that. So what do I enjoy doing in my free time?

I enjoy a game of soccer now and again. That's hobby #1, if you can call it a hobby--when I can't play soccer, I like to watch soccer or listen to soccer, or read up on the latest gossip in soccer news. I also enjoy watching tv and movies, Malcolm in the Middle and the Simpsons taking the two top slots in the TV category. Listening to some groovy music also keeps me focused on whatever I happen to be reading, so even though I often do that when I am conducting "archæology," it should count as another occupation. Check out Jake Armerding and Jason Harrod on iTunes if you get a chance, I'm really enjoying their music lately.

I am supposed to play the guitar--I have three of these machines--but it is apparently not one of the things to which I choose to dedicate much of my free time. Camping and hiking also fall into that category, though I should say that I would do a lot more of both if it weren't for the constant demands that I allow my studies to place on my time.

Oh, I would work on my car occasionally, if I had one that needed work. Since a relatively late-model toyota doesn't demand any attention, I have taken to researching methods of causing mechanical failure in order to have to apply myself to fixing the car. For now, I am only considering replacing the factory-installed air filtration system with a more efficient system. Maybe that will happen this summer.

1 comment:

  1. It's good thing you didn't put anything about spending time with your wife or anything like that.

    ReplyDelete